Monday, October 19, 2015

PEACOCK MASK.

Peacock Carnival Mask

Masks have always been an important feature of the Venetian carnival. Traditionally people were allowed to wear them between the festival of Santo Stefano (St. Stephen's Day, December 26) and the start of the carnival season at midnight of Shrove Tuesday. 

The original masks were rather simple in design, decoration, and often had a symbolic and practical function. Nowadays, most Italian masks are made with the application of gesso and gold leaf and are hand-painted using natural feathers and gems to decorate.

MY WORK: Peacock mask depicting my personality.
When I was asked to make mask, depicting my personality, I made a mask, with black base, and golden leaf kind paint work over it. Yes, being peacock obsessed it has to have a peacock which I drew on the left side as for my peacock love and a musical symbol over the right side of the mask, with the red beautiful fluffier lips and lots of gold tint into it, making it classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment